Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

When I lock my Nissan nv200 van with the remote the switch

Customer Question

When I lock my Nissan nv200 van with the remote the switch that locks the doors when you are in the van stays illuminated and drains the battery
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This may be due to a short in the wiring leading to the switch and the wiring should be checked to see if any wiring issues are found needing to be replaced or repaired.This may also be a fault with the control unit or receiver causing this fault here.You will need to have the wiring checked for any issues and any issues found will need to be repaired.If no wiring issues are found then the fault codes need to be read out/checked with a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicles data port to see what codes are set and any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete