Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

Ive got a 62 plate nissan qashqai.. and just recently when i

Customer Question

Ive got a 62 plate nissan qashqai.. and just recently when i start the car the boot has started to open.. then when i do manage to drive without the boot opening the car beeps at me until i unlock the car using the button beside the handbrake.. i dont live near any nissan garages.. any advice would be greatly appreciated
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This issue here can be due to a fault with the boot latch causing both of these issues here.I have seen an electrical failure of the latch before with it needing to be replaced.The best thing to do would be to have this checked/tested to be sure but this does sound like the latch is the cause needing to be replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete