Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer

Micra boot lock problem. 2003 k12. some diagnostic work

Customer Question

micra boot lock problem. 2003 k12. some diagnostic work already done by me. i know a bit about cars. i need help from a nissan technician with access to TSB and some wiring knowledge and this very common boot lock issue. its not not the switch. Nissan garage techs only please.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Although I do not have wiring diagram info on this model here I see no one else had replied and I know on several models I have worked on in the past before there was wiring damage leading to the boot lock assembly that can cause this issue.If you have not had the wiring checked for any corroded or broken wiring this needs to be done.If this is or was already done and all wiring to the lock/latch is found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete