Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.

I have a 2014 note cvt. There is a sqeaking noise from the

i have a 2014 note cvt. There is a sqeaking noise from the engine. It appears to come from the rear of the engine where on start there is a belt /pulley that is not turning that appears to have a clutch mechanism attached. What does this belt do.?
Hey there, are you referring to the engine side opposite the transmission?
Sounds like your referring to the A/C compressor pulley, which uses a magnetic clutch.
If that is in fact the case, start the engine and turn the a/c on to verify it starts cycling the pulley operation.
Customer: replied 29 days ago.
it is not the fan /air con/alternator belt, this belt is located at the bulkhead part of the engine. It is a small belt that hangs vertically around two separate pulleys.

Ohh, you have a supercharged Nissan Note model. Your reffering to the belt for the supercharger.

that belt controls the operation of the supercharger, by an electromagnetic clutch. This is to prevent the supercharger from running at all times (like at idle). Once the ECM commands the magnetic clutch to engage, then the supercharger belt turns in sequence with the regular drive belt.

If you need anything else let me know! If not please just be sure you leave a kind rating for me!

thank you.