indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Import technician
29331485

I think my immobiliser is preventing the car from starting

Customer Question

hi, i think my immobiliser is preventing the car from starting
Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: not checked the lights, but the dash lights come on and there's a red light with a key flashing
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2016 nissan micra sprita sorry 2006
Assistant: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i read a post on this site about disconnecting the battery connectors and connecting them together, waiting 30 mins and reconnecting but that didn't appear to work however, i might not have followed the exact steps?
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i just bought the car recently and this only appeared to happen after the recent cold weather
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Greg (Indy-Tech).
Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.
Rgds Greg.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 1 month ago.

Hi .

Okay your diagnosis is correct if the flashing key is the warning that the Key is not getting recognized by the Immo system.

Now the first basic checks you have done so now you need to try the spare key if not already tried.

If this is still a problem with the key then you are going to need to get to a dealer or call out a locksmith to

come to you and diagnose the problem with there equipment and see if the key just needs reprogramming or if you have a internal issue . Most common is key lost it program..

This is actually a common issue .

Here is a locksmith locator for you to call and get to you ,will be cheaper than towing to the dealer.

Please click >>>HERE<<<

For further assistance with this issue please get back to me with the reply box below .
This is not a one answer and done i will stay with you until the problem is sorted out .
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 3 to 5 stars at the top of your page, i'm not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with you unless you leave positive feedback.
Before rating 1 to 2 stars please get back to me as i'm here to help you, if i can't or you think i can't i will opt out or you can opt me out so another expert can.
I want to help you with your problem and make you a happy motorist
Rgds Greg