Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I've just fitted a new power fold wing mirror to the

Customer Question

I've just fitted a new power fold wing mirror to the passenger side of my 2008 Nissan Note. However it is out of syn with the one on the driver's side. It opens when I press close and closes when I press open. Disconnect it, didn't work, disconnected the one of the driver's side too, that didn't work either so I disconnected the battery but that didn't work. On a forum someone said about swapping wires round on the plug connector of the new mirror but it was a bit ambiguous so didn't want to try that. Have you got any suggestions as to how this might be fixed, I would be most grateful. Thank you in advance.
Lisa
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Make sure you installed the right part number mirror as the wrong mirror will cause this issue.You shouldn't have to swap any wires around if this is the right mirror.The mirrors may need to be calibrated with a scan tool or dealers computer to operate in sync and properly.This needs to be checked into.If you have an incorrect part number mirror the correct mirror needs to be obtained as I advise against swapping any wiring around as this can cause other electrical faults.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete