Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a Nissan Juke Accenta Premium dci. VU63 NNH. It's

Customer Question

I have a Nissan Juke Accenta Premium dci. VU63 NNH. It's done just over 55,000 miles. Had full service on 26 February as part of ongoing service contract since bought from local Nissan dealer. Last Sunday I experienced sudden loss of power and took it to dealer on Monday. They said the glow plugs needed replacing at a cost of £356 !! I have looked online at the price of glow plugs which seem to be available from a range of suppliers from £10 - £33 each. Dealer also told me they had had to do a full diagnostic test first at £99 but they had just done this (presumably) when they serviced the Juke on 26/2. Until Monday I had never heard of glow plugs despite driving diesels since 1992 (OK that's my ignorance!) including a Peugeot 406 for 6 years and a Vauxhall Vectra also for 6 years. Dealer said they hadn't any glow plugs in stock. Seems strange since, having done some research online it seems a pretty regular component (the equivalent of spark plugs on a petrol engine).
Am I being ripped off?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Unfortunately, glow plugs do fail and most places carry them on hand unless they sold out or unless they do not order many of these in.The glow plugs do fail though and will cause hard starting and running issues when cold.If yours was diagnosed properly the glow plugs do need to be replaced.I would ask the shop/dealer way guarantee they offer that the new glow plugs will correct the fault.This way if it does not will they cover the costs to re-diagnose and repair it for you again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete