Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I'm a second owner of a 2014 Nissan Juke automatic car. I

Customer Question

Hi.I'm a second owner of a 2014 Nissan Juke automatic car. I bought it in October 2015 with almost 29000.00 miles on the meter. As of now it has done just over 31000.00 miles. I’ve just been told the gearbox may need changing and it will cost me up to £4000.00. Warranty on the car ran out last summer. Do I just pay or do I have a case to argue?J.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

If the warranty just ran out I would ask the dealer if they can "Goodwill" warranty the gearbox for you.They may be able to get the manufacturer to pay for the complete replacement or help with the costs in some cases.If this was already tried you may have to contact customer service with the manufacturer to see if they can help in any way.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks Pete