Peter Zavarelli
Peter Zavarelli, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Technical Consultant at Just Answer
14928985

I have a 2011 x-trail and a couple of times I have noticed a

Customer Question

Hi - I have a 2011 x-trail and a couple of times I have noticed a burning smell when I turn off the engine and get out.Tonight I noticed white smoke coming out of the exhaust AFTER I turned off engine (plus smell). No leaks anywhere that i can see and no loss of power (its diesel fuel). Any ideas? It’s going for a service in a week anyway but smoke and power turned off worries me! Thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Peter Zavarelli replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases, I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.
I am here Sundays through Thursdays from around 5 am to 2 pm Mountain time.If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

From what you have described here your engine may be over fueled with to much fuel coming out of one or more fuel injectors.I would have the injectors tested to see if any of them are found to be faulty.If an injector is found to be faulty it will need to be replaced to resolve this issue.This can cause all of the symptoms you are speaking of here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete