Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

NV200 van won’t start. Red lightveith a key flashing

Customer Question

Hi.NV200 van won’t start. Red lightveith a key flashing continuously on dashboard and ticking sound. Won’t turn over, can’t lock the van with buttons now either. Please help.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.

Hey there, do the headlights work?

if you turn the key to ON position and leave it there for 5 seconds does the red NATS light go out or remain on solid?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yea they work and yes the red NATS light stays on. I had to leave my van at work and come home due to being in a rush. The reason I used the service was because I’d be able to speak to someone within the hour, not two days later. This may or may not be your fault mate but either way I’m not happy with the service. Going to work later and towing my van home.
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.
I understand, I apologize for you delay not sure why nobody got to your question earlier, but if you still want assistance I’d be happy to help.If the NATS light remains on with the key to ON position or while cranking then you have a problem with the key recognition. You either need to use another key you have programmed or have yours re-registered to the vehicle by a dealer or mobile locksmith.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HI. Just gone to pick my van up, it’s nearly starting but then cuts out? Had the battery charged for last ten minutes? Any ideas what this could be?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also, when in the on position the NATS key stays on?
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.
He NATS light staying on is like I mentioned before. A key registration issue. Computer cuts injector pulse.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. Just before you replied the van started so haven’t got a clue what was going on. Glad to have it back and thanks for trying.
Expert:  Jake replied 5 months ago.
Awesome, glad it fired up!