sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have got a2014 Nissan leaf. when I accelerate I get a

Customer Question

hi i have got a2014 Nissan leaf. when I accelerate I get a click noise from o/s/f and on regen same click again only once .have checked brakes and driveshaft all are good. I have found that this is a common fault and been told that Nissan cure it with a tighten up of something? but nobody seems to know what they are tightening. this is not a major problem but more annoying ?
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your mechanic automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer. Sorry for any delay.

Dear customer, i understand your query on your model, with accuracy I do not know this kind of problems but in other models of Nissan I noticed that the front train suffers a small design problem and that these vehicles sometimes went to the dealerships to do this job of reinforcement in said front axle, in addition to the axle, said work consists in replacing certain rubbers and supports also a verification in other components, these works are not performed by any mechanic because the Nissan technicians know exactly what worked and reinforcement performed and how it should be done since they were managerial indications were not works done lightly. Do you understand me dear client?

Do you understand me dear customer?

Hello dear customer, i hope you are ok.
Did you solve your problem?
Is there anything else i could help you?
I also would like to remind you to rate my service by selecting from the 3,4 5 stars at the top of the screen because in that way you help me grow in the platform.
Thank you very much.
​Regards, Sebastian

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Dear sir I did ask for a Nissan mechanic to answer so I could get some genuine information not just some general information and told to take my car to Nissan that is why I am on this site!!! I have found the answer in the form of a tsb which requires the drive shafts/ axles to be greased with molycote grease and new axle nut torque to 200nm have carried this out and all ok. Just wish someone on hear could have told me that.

I am sorry for my my answer, sometimes i tend to generalize because the customers just want to know the likely causes and as i am not with the vehicle it is hard to me be more specific. i should have been more accurate with your answer and adapt myself to the level you required.
Once again my apologies.
Best Regards, Sebastian.