Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

The security indicator light is flashing red when I lock the

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: The security indicator light is flashing red when I lock the car. Please can you help.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: Where would I find this info?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Nissan Mechanic to figure that out. What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Juke 2019 plate
JA: Are you fixing your JUKE yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. Was on my lunch break, got back to work, turned the ignition of and noticed the light flashing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi..there..

With the intellegent key system? do you have access to another key/fob to test if the security warning stops?

Does the key light go off once the car has been started or driven or does it stay flashing all the time?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don’t have the spare key with me. When I started the car the light went off.

Ok.. Given what what you have described..if the warning is no longer present once the engine has been started..then that will verfiy that the key is still been seen by the antena and the immobiliser system at least..as the key itself intelligent Key transmits radio waves to enable unlocking doors and activate push button start/stop..maybe try leaving the key a little closer to central console see if thats help.if not then i suspect given what ive seen before.is that maybe the battery within the key/fob itself is becoming low or is required to be changed or is in fact faulty..you maybe know that for sure once you try another key..but id say that might be the best thing to do or try at least is get the battery checked out within the fob..i note its 2019 model so the dealer would be your best bet plus they could do a quick scan on the vehicle to ensure there isnt anything suspect or logged in the module for immobiliser and faulty beyond the key itself..