experteer
experteer,
77184159

Xtrail stopped reving and after diagnostic test come up with

Xtrail stopped reving and after diagnostic test come up with fault p0120. Changed throttle and sensor and still the same
Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: Code p0120 showing
Assistant: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Xtrail 2.2 sport 2003
Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed compleat thrott and sensor
Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Fitted second hand part
Customer: replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

The error code indicates that the signal from the MAF sensor is too low. So not wrong, but either interrupted for at least 1 second or too weak.

This usually indicates a transmission problem in the lines.

Therefore, measure the cables between the MAF sensor and the control unit to see if they have too high an internal resistance. Also check the plug on the control unit for possible water ingress.

If both are ok, clean the ground points in the engine compartment. Sometimes a bad ground contact is the cause.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

The point is not to replace the MAF sensor, but to check the cables between MAF sensor and control unit for an increased internal resistance.

The problem according to the error code is NOT the MAF sensor but the signal of the sensor.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Have I got yo match part number for part number or can I use different part nu.ger but still o pin
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
8 pin

You don't understand.

The MAF sensor is not defective.

The wiring harness must be checked. You can't just change it, a motor wiring harness usually costs around GBP 1000, you don't just change it on suspicion.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I didnt ask about harness . I was asking about throttle position sensor .must it b the same part number or can it b any 8 pin sensor

It must be the same number.

experteer,
Experience: