Nathan B
Nathan B, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Over 20 years experience including running my Own garage working on a wide range of vehicles.
27720961

One of my rear parking sensors as popped out of the rear

Customer Question

One of my rear parking sensors as popped out of the rear bumper I have managed to retrieve it and the sensor is fine but the bracket it sits in is broken. Can i buy a replacement bracket or are they moulded to the bumper and i will need a whole new bumper?
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: It is the one that sits in the corner of the bumper. Yes, it says there is a parking senor fault but that is probably because the sensor has come out completely
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2018 Qashqai
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not sure yet! I will probably get a mechanic to fit the replacement sensor rather than pay over the odds by going to nissan. I have managed to take the sensor out through the hole in the bottom of the bumper and it came out with a broken bracket attached, so i need to know whether i can buy a replacement bracket or whether the bracket comes premoulded to the bumper and i need a whole new bumper
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.Dear customer sometimes this parts are not sold isolated but are real common to find them is scrap yard or from second hand.
But as your car is just 2018 have you asked your dealership if they could replace it for you?