Stephen Rothwell
Stephen Rothwell,
Experience:  Director at Steve Rothwell Limited
106618989

The factory fiited reversing sensors on my 2012 micra have

The factory fiited reversing sensors on my 2012 micra have stopped working. They used to work before I fitted a new battery.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: The rear parking sensors, and no there have been no trouble codes triggered.
JA: What is the model of your '12 Nissan?
Customer: Teckna 1.2 dig s
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying to fix the vehicle myself. When I select reverse gear, I get a 3 second alarm from the speaker.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I think that's all, thankyou.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'll continue to wait, thanks.

Thank you for your question and sorry for the wait. My name is Steve and I am a fully qualified technician with over 30 years experience, hopefully I can help.

The reversing sensor has a self test feature which will give the 3 second sound you are hearing, this tests the speaker and audio system and confirms this is working, but as it is sounding for three seconds this indicates that one of the sensors has failed. This may be a coincidence or it may have been fro a surge when the battery was connected. It is sometimes possible to test the sensors by placing the vehicle in reverse and the gently touching the sensor. an operating sensor can be felt to gently pulse, but sometimes this can be so gentle it is not always detected.

Another possibility is that the unit itself has failed, and again this may have been from a power surge, but that would be rare.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask me any further questions. If this does answer your question please rate me and click accept, this allows me to continue.

Even after doing this I can continue to answer your questions.

Steve

Stephen Rothwell,
Experience: Director at Steve Rothwell Limited