experteer
experteer,
77184159

A yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it comes on

a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it comes on and a message saying fault in the stop start system, the engine management light comes on as well if we continue to drive the car.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: warning lights on the dash panel.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: it's a kuro 2012 Digi S
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just purchased the car, it was delivered to us. On our first ride out the lights came on. We immediately called the garage we purchased from and the mechanic who delivered it came back.He connected his computer and got rid of the warning lights. He said he had fitted a new battery and this is why the lights came on, he had not told the management system it had a new battery.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything else, only that the mechanic said that because of the supercharger, these problems could occur.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is Michael, I would like to help you.

The fact that first the Start Stop lamp and then the engine light go on may actually be due to low battery voltage.

If possible you should charge the battery with a charger to make sure that the battery is really full. New batteries are not always fully charged.

However, if the error still comes back, it is not directly related to the battery, the alternator may not provide enough voltage and the battery will discharge while driving.

In this case you should contact the seller of the car again and ask for repair.

I would be very happy about a rating with 5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your reply, we have contacted the seller who has agreed to make the repair or swap the vehicle for another micra but of lower spec, its cheaper but the same year with similar mileage. I really wanted my wife to have this car because of the high spec, but if it's going to be troublesome, then maybe it's not worth it. Is it an expensive fix if it's down to an inadequate alternator ?

No, actually it's not that expensive to change an alternator.

Maybe it's something else and the seller knows more than he admits and wants to change the vehicle right away.

In this case you should take the other vehicle.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you, I am of the same opinion as far as the seller is concerned, thank you again for your advice.

You´re welcome