CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

ACDS fault code malfunction symbol on x trail diesel

ACDS fault code malfunction symbol on x trail diesel automatic 4x4
JA: How old is the engine? And when was it last serviced?
Customer: thank you, 2008
JA: What is the model of your '08 Nissan?
Customer: aventura
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did not interfere to the engine, although I would like to, I only watched what the staff does from the garage
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: where is the fault code ACDS,and how serious it is

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Do you have a warning light/message on the dashboard?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
continuous yellow fault malfunction on board

Can you take a picture of the warning lamp and upload it here? I don't really understand what you mean by ACDS, I believe it may be linked to the AC system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have a car with me right now, but I think the on-board engine symbol can't be confused, I can't copy this Nissan Note Engine Malfunction Light Engine Malfunction
The engine malfunction light is a generic fault light and has no specific fault associated with it. The warning light either comes on steady or may flash. Specialised equipment is required to diagnose faults. For further information about this warning light, the possible faults and what you should do, see Nissan Note engine warning light.

The only way to know is to connect a fault code reader to the car and see what fault codes are stored. The EML light turns on when a fault is detected by the engine management system, your car can also go into limp mode (reduced engine performance) when this happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hank you, that did the garage, and the fault code is ACDS, do you know what it refers to and how serious it is?
thanks for the attention, maybe next time

A standard OBD fault code starts with 'P' followed by numbers 4 numbers, e.g. P0374. So, thats what you need to find out. ACDS is not a fault code, it sounds more like a description relating to a fault, possibly the air conditioning system.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for the information, I will check, if I have not disturbed you, I will come back when I have more information.
I wish you a pleasant evening.

No not all, i'll be happy to help you :) I'll be on standby, let me know when you have more info.