CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

I have front wheel wobble only under acceleration. Have

I have front wheel wobble only under acceleration. Have approved tyres, new drive shafts track rod ends and wish bone assembly, but the problem persists.please.advise. my mechanic doesn't know what else to do.
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: The tyres are brand new and have not had any problems with them in the past
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2009 adventure.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No . I have a mechanic. Have tried all that have previously mentioned.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it thankyou

Thank you for using JA. I'm Baz, one of the automotive experts, I try to be available in the afternoon on weekdays and in the evenings on the weekend. I apologise if I do not respond to your question promptly, I can assure you that I will respond as soon as I can. Thank you

Did the garage use a dial test indicator gauge to check wheel hub run-out? Also, did the mechanic check wheel bearing play?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He did check wheel hub play but not sure about the other.

Run-out is measured to make sure the hub rotates almost perfectly round with very little "ovalness" to the motion. Normally this vibration under acceleration is due to driveshaft problems. Has the vehicle been in an accident previously?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Had no accidents and two new driveshafts
Have the tyres been replaced? Get the tyres checked on a balancer and if the balance is good, get the tyre run-out measured with a DTI gauge
Unbalanced tyres/out of round tyres will cause a front end wobble. I just read that you have brand new tyres, were these replaced along with the driveshafts and control arms or were they already on the car when this wobbling started?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They have been replaced after the drive shafts
Did this wobble suddenly start happening? Did you get any work done on the car before it started?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No it started suddenly before I had any work done.
When you say front end wobble, what exactly happens? Is vibrating/shaking? What happens with the steering when this wobble occurs?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is a tremour through the steering wheel as if the front wheels are spinning. Once upto speed it drives beautifuly.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My mechanic is stumped and says let it develop.

Check if the tyres are balanced (wheel leads can fall off), check for wheel bearing play, make sure the wheel nuts are tight. It's best to check the basics before digging deep into other suspension components. It's difficult to diagnose this sort of problem with the car in person, and impossible to diagnose over a computer so I can only give suggestions according to my experience. Most garages would say that you should let it develop rather than randomly changing suspension components and hoping for a fix, it can get expensive for the customer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Money not a problem. Just want it fixed
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks for your opinion though. Have been through everything we can think of and replaced with new.

I would recommend starting with the basics like I mentioned and then work inwards and start checking suspension components for play. Engine related issues can also cause steering vibration under acceleration such as dual-mass flywheel if fitted, engine misfire or engine mounts. You will have to go through a process of elimination to resolve this problem and check through with everything I have stated in this message thread.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou

Welcome. Thank you for using JA!