sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Just changed my battery and was trying to input the radio

Customer Question

Just changed my battery and was trying to input the radio code but now the radio has gone blank and not working at all
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: I have the radio code at hand.Was trying to input it but the screen is now off completely
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan qashqai 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The radio wont work.Want is to work now.I have the radio pin code at hand
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only the radio.The car can spark now after the battery change
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

Hi, my name is Jose Sebastian, your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

Dear customer, when we replace the battery it is common that and overvoltage occurs in the system when we connect a new battery.
This happens because we do not take the right steps to replace the abttery or because we left connect any system.
This cause generally deprogramming in the systems or indicators to lit without apparent faults, and the most comonm fuses to blown.
So, i recommend you to check all the fuses in the cabin fuse box looking for a blown one, in the manual or in the lid of the fuse box there is a legend where you can read what fuse is for.
So, you can take a look to the dashboard and radio fuses more directly, i am not telling which ones to check because i do not have the fuse diagram for you car's model. In anyway, we have to check them.
Then if the fuses are ok, we should check the rear connections and the wiring of the display looking for connectors or wiring splits or burns. Also, most of this equipments have another fuse to protect the system that can be burned as well, so take a look there as well.
Dinally if everything is correct, we will have to take off the equipment and carry out to review because the screen may be damage, or the board/plate of the equipment or some of the integrateds, but this is the least likely scenario to happen.

Do you understand me, dear customer?

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating today. Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave JA today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you!

Regards, Sebastian.