Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have a 2004 Micra and am usually quite handy with

I have a 2004 Micra and am usually quite handy with mechanics but this has got me stumped.I have blown the reversing light fuse which I believe is hidden away in the secret box under the headlight.I have got the light out and exposed also i have a bracket on right hand side bolted to inner wing and another at back dont know what that does.I am getting to point of put back together and forget reversing light.Please how do i get bax out and are those 4 clips holding whole thing down.lack of informatio driving me mad.Rang nissan bloke just laughed and said bring it in 1-2 hours labour worth more than car. Any help would be greatfully appreciated
JA: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.
Customer: theres actually 3 handbook including haynes tell you nothing.one panel by steering wheel,one by battery but big box full fuse and relays right under ns headlamp requires box removal by lifting and turning upside down with wires diagrams on net but no where how to release it.several comments about put it back together and forget reversing llight
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes do most my own stuff.can see what i thought was lid with 4 clips but wont come off.someone told me forget it its not a lid all relays fuses on other sie upside down thats why its got to come out.appparently was copied off clio.i am 73 and done lot incluing building cars but this got me daftest thing ever seen
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thanks just a solution.

Dear Sir / Madam

You are quite right in locating the IPDM under the N/S/F headlamp. The lid is on by approx 4 plastic clips and then you may have to lift the IPDM out of its protective box which again is just clips around the side of the unit. You are looking for Fuse 50 which is a 10 amp fuse (RED).

Please find attached a picture of the Fuse Layout.

Hope this helps.

Phillip

Hiya

Thats no problem at all. If I can be of any further help then please let me know.

Phillip