MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

Lights flicker on steering wheel, When you turn on main

Customer Question

Lights flicker on steering wheel
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: When you turn on main lights on car steering wheel lights up these lights are flickering
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Xtrail T31 2008
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing tried so far
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Anyone going to answer been a lot longer than 8 minutes
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you.

Please excuse the waiting time. The 8 minutes are an average value. In times of many requests or overnight the answer can take longer.

So the lights of the buttons on the steering wheel flicker?

As you did not write anything that all lights flicker, we can exclude a problem with the alternator or the battery.

This is a sign of bad connection and could be a contact problem. There is a winding spring in a cassette under the steering wheel, which is responsible for the airbag and the power supply to the buttons. The steering wheel must be dismantled (preferably by a workshop, as working on the airbag is life-threatening) and the plug contacts must be checked and possibly lightly treated with some contact spray.

If the problem still persists afterwards, in most cases the cassette with the winding spring is the cause.

I would be very happy about a rating with 3-5 stars over the star bar at the top of the page, without this rating the site operator does not pay us experts.

Expert:  MichaelUK replied 6 days ago.

Dear customer, I hope I have been able to help you solve your problem. I would be very pleased to receive feedback in the form of a positive rating, which you can give very quickly and easily via the rating stars (3-5 stars). If you still need help with this problem, don't hesitate to ask for more free questions. To do so, please simply continue with the previous question history using the text box at the bottom. Thank you very much for using JustAnswer Your Experteer