Phillip H
Phillip H,
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The display in front of the steering wheel is predominately

Customer Question

the display in front of the steering wheel is predominately a white screen. Barelt possible to see what is being displayed. I guess it is a fuse of a wiring issue. I wan yo know the best way to fix it. Thanks
JA: How has the car been driving lately?
Customer: Drives normally
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2014 Qashqui
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Looked at fuses but could no see one that was obviouly blown
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only other issue, which has been the case for over two years, is the immobiliser warning light is always showing. Not really an issue and I guess unrelated. Otherwise car is fine.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

Can you send me a picture of the issue.

Phillip

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Sure.
Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

Looks interesting! Can't say I have ever seen one like this!

I suspect the vehicle will require a new Combination Meter. There is no information listed to say if this will require programming. I suspect on a vehicle of this age there is nothing to program on it however I can't be sure.

Phillip

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
if it is a new LCD needed for the 'vehicle information display', how do I get hold of one, and how much it it likely to be?
Expert:  Phillip H replied 11 days ago.

Hiya

It will be a complete combination meter. If you let me have the VIN number I can get you a price tomorrow.

You would need this fitted and programmed at a Nissan Dealer. It may be better to contact your local dealer who will be able to give you an all in one price for supplying and fitting the unit.

Phillip