MichaelUK
MichaelUK, Technician
Experience:  Technician
109796520

When I bought the car a couple of years ago the radio was

Customer Question

When I bought the car a couple of years ago the radio was none functional as the result of battery change, Now passing the car to my grandson and he is a bit miffed that the radio doesn’t work. How can I find the code?
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: What on earth is a scan tool!!
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Micra 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not really, a trying to establish how I can get the original radio code
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Nissan
Expert:  MichaelUK replied 21 days ago.

Dear customer, thank you for choosing Justanswer. My name is***** would like to help you I am a master mechanic with over 10 years experience with various car brands.

Only a Nissan partner can find out a radio code afterwards. They can check the vehicle on the Nissan intranet. In most cases it is sufficient to enter the VIN.

If this is no longer possible for the Nissan partner due to the age of the vehicle, there is unfortunately no way of finding out the radio code. In this case an exchange device must be installed

I'm sorry I can't give you better news.