sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My battery went dead charged it up it’s ticking over but

Customer Question

My battery went dead charged it up it’s ticking over but won’t start no light coming on dash indicators hazard or radio working
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes checked all fuses only thing that does turn on are head lights
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Nissan micra 02 plate automatic
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes if possible I’ve charged the battery checked all fuses and tried turning key once it for 5 seconds then off before trying to start engine
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: This all happened after battery went flat it was working fine
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 22 days ago.

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 21 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** your mechanic automotive expert, and I will be happy to assist you today. In some cases, I may need more information to assist better. I apologize for any delay.

Dear customer, there are several factors that can influence in the problem you have due to the discharge of the battery, the most worrying of it is that the immobilizer system has been activated in the vehicle. But there are several factors that have to be checked before, starting with a check of the status of the ignition relays located under the engine compartment and under the dashboard, sometimes when the battery is discharged when recharging and connecting it can cause a sudden rise in voltage, which can damage fuses and relays.

The second thing is that it is recommended to check very well the connections of the battery and the starter motor, in addition to checking that the starter motor does not have any kind of problems.

Third, check with a new battery because a battery with old cells, although it apparently indicates that it has a good charge, may not be functional for ignition.

Finally, if the problem persists, you must proceed to deactivate the vehicle's immobilizer system through its programming. To do so, a diagnostic tool with Nissan software is needed to do the relative checkes.

My goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.
Kind regards, Sebastian.