Steve
Steve, vehicle technician
Experience:  Garage owner for thirty years
106618989

Will I lose any codes or will any thing need to be re

will I lose any codes or will any thing need to be re programmed on removing a battery to charge on a nissan tekna 1.3 dig t 201
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I want to charge the battery is it necessary to remove it
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thank you.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I am a fully qualified vehicle technician with over thirty years in the trade.

If using a modern battery conditioner charger or a simple trickle charger the battery can be left in place, providing you have access to power where the car is parked.

If you do wish to remove the battery it is important that you Switch the ignition OFF. Wait 12 minutes before disconnecting battery.

AFter reconnecting the battery you will also need to re-set the automatic windows one touch function this is done as follows:

Switch ignition ON.
Press and hold window switch to fully open window.
Lift and hold window switch in automatic close position to fully close window. Continue to hold switch for at least 2 seconds.
Release switch.
Check automatic open and close function is now operating correctly.
Fully open window.
Place a spacer (50 mm high and 100 mm wide) between top of window and window frame.
Lift window switch to automatic close position.
Ensure window lowers approximately 150 mm after contacting spacer.
If not, repeat procedure.
Switch ignition OFF.

The engine systems will not need resetting, but will need one drive cycle before the parameters are re-set.

The radio may need the code entering depending on the system.

I hope this answers your question but do please feel free to ask any further details by replying to this thread. I want to ensure you are happy with the answer so do please feel free to ask any further details.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Steve

Thank you for leaving a rating, I hope all goes well but do feel free to ask any further details if needed.

Many Thanks

Steve