Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

My Nissan Micra C+C is leaking and needs a replacement roof

My Nissan Micra C+C is leaking and needs a replacement roof seal but they are no longer manufactured. Can this be fixed?
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: It is a 2007 Model. I have just bought it second hand so don't know how long it has been leaking.
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is at a Nissan dealership at the moment. They have tried resealing the windscreen but the water is still coming in and they have said that they can't replace the seal as they are no longer made.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to know if the seal can be fixed/ replaced with second hand parts. I do not wish to do this myself.

Hi..there..Im Rob, A fully certified vehicle technician in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

This isnt an unknown issue with these cars due to rubber degrading over time.. sealing with silicone in all seams including that seam along the top edge of the screen where the sealing strip meets is common place,also the aerial base seal can be an issue also... new ones are quite right as you mention no longer available..to get secondhand might prove a little difficult maybe entering your reg into this website here CLICK HERE might be worth trying...

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you. Could you recommend a garage in the South London area that might be able to help me if I do manage to find a second hand seal?

Ok.. i would suggest you search this website, usuing your postcode you maybe able to find someone local under the scheme.. https://www.goodgaragescheme.com/