Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

Orange and red engine display light on and orange triangle

Orange and red engine display light on and orange triangle light with chassis control system fault showing on dashboard
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: The light up emblems are alight
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2014 qashqai
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve read through the manual and turned on and off all the necessary things relating to the lights.
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: If it were to go onto a Nissan dealers diagnostic machine would it would that machine tell what the problem was or problems .
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If you stop the car and turn off the ignition wait five minutes start up and go again no lights on, but after 2 miles or three it all comes back on again
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Am I still connected?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Still waiting, it’s a long eight minutes
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Can someone respond please

Hiya

You would initially need a full diagnostic code read in order to establish what codes are present. From there a diagnostic path can be established.

The diagnostic code read would be best carried out at a Nissan Dealer due to the software placing the codes in order of diagnostic preference. This means that the first code listed potentially causes any further codes to appear.

The fault you have could any of a number of things from sensors to wiring through to modules.

Once the code read has been completed I can assist you further by providing you with the diagnostic path.

Phillip