CarDoc
CarDoc, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  IMI L3 Motor Vehicle Mechanic
105313175

When engine is hot it has a miss fire when putting foot down

Customer Question

When engine is hot it has a miss fire when putting foot down ,and when you stop engine will stop ,it seems like it's a fuel problem
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: Only just got the truck seems ok on fuel starts fine .
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 07 ,nissan outlaw
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I took it in part ex for myself he said it done it with him ,sent it to a garage and said they replaced a diesel valve.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

Hi, How are you?
I'm Shabaz, one of the automotive experts. I will be happy to assist you today. Hopefully we can get this resolved quickly.

You will be prompted for a phone call by the automated system, you can accept this if you wish to speak to me, otherwise we can continue our conversation on the message thread.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

What is the engine size?

Is there a misfire on idle?

Does this misfire occur when the engine is cold?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Phone please
Expert:  CarDoc replied 15 days ago.

I will need more details of your vehicle so, I can look into the problem and then call you.

Expert:  CarDoc replied 14 days ago.

I would advise that you get an injector leak-off test done when the engine is hot and also monitor the fuel rail pressure whilst driving to see if the required pressure is being maintained.

If everything is ok, then you will need to get a cylinder compression test carried out, to see if the cylinders are properly sealed when the engine is hot.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer.