Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The air coming out of the AC is not cold when idling, but

Customer Question

hello, the air coming out of the AC is not cold when idling, but its fine when moving
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: coolant level is good
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: xtrail 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no not fixing my self
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that is only what is happening
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Phillip H replied 12 days ago.

Hiya

Have you ever had the Air Conditioning System regassed?  This should be carried out every two years.

When you turn the Air Conditioning on do the Radiator Cooling Fans start working? If not then I suspect the issue is simply low gas within the system.

Phillip

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello thank you for your answer, I havent got the system regassed, and when I turn on the airconditioning the fans dont work no.
Expert:  Phillip H replied 12 days ago.

Hiya

It sounds very much like there is no gas in the system or very low gas.  Your first port of call should be to have the system regassed.  They can also place UV dye into the system to check for any potential leaks.

Once you have the systems regassed I feel sure this will cure your issues.

Phillip

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Ok, Ill get it regassed and hopfully it will fix the issue, Thank you
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
one more question, Is a gas recharge service (Halfords or kwikfit) the same as regas?
Expert:  Phillip H replied 11 days ago.

Hiya

Yes it will be.

Phillip