sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have a 2015 Qasqai 1.5dci. There is a problem with the

Customer Question

Hi, I have a 2015 Qasqai 1.5dci. There is a problem with the radio/sat-nav/CD etc. The unit keeps cutting out on all applications and rebooting. Information on various forums suggest that this is a widespread problem. My local dealer maintains that there is no such problem and wants £170 to check the connections, which is obviously not the cause. Do you have any ideas please. Gerry
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: It's origonal equipment, I am the origonal owner.
JA: What is the model of your '15 Nissan?
Customer: 1.5 DCI N Connecter Reg RX65 TYT
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have disconnected the batt neg term for ten minutes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Can't think of anything else, also cuts out when playing music from iPhone
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Lets here your response in an email please before I decide to spend £16
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Are you sending an email?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
If you are not sending an email solution to my problem I would like my £5 returned please.

Dear customer, I have not received a report of a general problem in these equipment and the Nissan has not given  a technical report, the truth is this type of problem is worrisome because usually in the worst case  can be the electronic board of the equipment that  It is not working correctly.
Therefore, the primary check is not to check the wiring directly without first checking the status of the fuses and relays that are under the dashboard that feed the components of the center console, it may be that you have some burns that are  causing interference to the signal of the equipment or it may be that some are loose, this is done before checking the wiring because to verify the wiring you have to take out the equipment from the center console, thus the cost of the review.

This review is better to do it in a car audio garage or shop as it will have a very high cost at the dealership because when they determine problems in the equipment we proceed to replace it, instead the local or car audio garages that work with the installation of sound equipment, GPS navigation systems, SAT nav  make the pertinent revisions, even if the problem is simple at the internal level of the equipment, they can solve it, otherwise when replacing the equipment they can offer you a better option in terms of price and options.