sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have the fault code p0545 and have changed the exhaust gas

Customer Question

I have the fault code p0545 and have changed the exhaust gas temperature sensor but the fault still remains
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: yes I have
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2011 Nissan qasqhai+2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I’ve changed the sensor
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, after the replacement of the sensor, have you done a check on the exhaust catalyst? Also, have you cleaned the fuel injection and air intake system?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No how would I go about checking the exhaust catalyst? and I’ve checked the air intake filter and intake all clear
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 14 days ago.

Dear customer, the catalyst has to be disassembled, in the garages we use a special digital sensor camera and they are introduced through that slot, what happens with the catalysts is that the soot accumulates and it clogs the correct passage of air which causes the internal catalyst pressure and temperature to rise up and is detected by the sensor.

It is important to check the injection system because if you have a direct injector or the pressure is very high in the fuel injection system, this increases soot production in the exhaust and causes it to clog quickly or simply the temperature sensor detects a higher temperature outside of normal range due to excess engine smoke from direct injection or high pressure.