sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

It is stuck on the 0 (Lock) position and I can’t turn it to

Customer Question

It is stuck on the 0 (Lock) position and I can’t turn it to 1 to start the ignition
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I can turn the wheel and it is keyless start
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2008 Ventura
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and I have tried locking the car and opening it again but still it won’t turn the keyless entry
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you there?
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Dear customer, what you describe seems to be a problem at the level of the key such as wear on both the key and the cylinder, I would like to know if in these years that you have had your Ventura replaced the key barrel assembly and if you have tried with the spare key already?

Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, in general i must tell you that's normal of many usage of the key  taking in and out the key wears out caused in the key barrel, therefore the problem you present is characteristic.
My recommendation is to perform a replacement  of the key barrel and key, because when one one of them is worn, the other item wears out soon.
In general if the key is getting stuck or not turning over well, it is likely to be problems with the key barrel as I told you.