Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

We can't get any DAB radio stations. We are also struggling

We can't get any DAB radio stations. We are also struggling to get the software update going
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Why would I check the fuse for the radio
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 20 plate registered July 2020
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I'd rather not spend too much time in Nissan garages as it's already been in for 2 weeks getting the ignition barrel and wing mirror replaced (we only bought it in Jan2021)
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We bought our Qashqai in January 2021 from a Nissan Dealership. The ignition barrel and wing mirror has just been replaced and spent 2 weeks in the garage. We have always struggled to get the DAB radio to work as it isn't picking up any stations upon refresh. We are also struggling to get the car to do the software update when connected to our WIFI indoors (the bar doesn't even move after 20 minutes)

Hiya

The first port of call would be to check for software updates for the unit which you are obviously trying to do via your Home Wireless Connection.  This can take time often up to an hour!.  I have found that tethering the unit to your mobile phone if you have enough data is sometimes quicker due to less things getting in the way of the signal.

If there is still a problem with the reception of DAB the you can carry out the self diagnostic through the unit and check that all of the areas are showing in green.  If this is ok then it may be a faulty unit or aerial mast and as such will require new as applicable.

Phillip

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Do you know how big the software updates usually are? How would I carry out the self diagnostics and check the areas are green?

Hiya

The Software Updates can vary depending on what is actually updated on the system.

Please see attached for self diagnosis.

Phillip