sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My Nissan Qashqai went into limp mode then cut out

Customer Question

Hi, My Nissan Qashqai went into limp mode then cut out completely, would restart but as soon as pressed accelerator would die. Checked fault codes and got P0380. Changed Glow plugs and car started but died on acceleration. Noticed the air intake intercooler pipe was completely split so replaced. The car will now only turn over and not start. Any help appreciated.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No they appear fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2012 1.5 diesel
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed Glow plugs and Intercooler pipe which was split
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Dear customer, the error code is directly related to the glow plugs, as they have already been replaced, it may be that you have problems with the relay or there are problems at the electronic module.

I do not know if the fuel injection system was manipulated to replace the plugs, sometimes they remove the injectors so it is good to perform a fuel injection system bleed process to remove all the air that may have entered, while there is air in the injection system, the vehicle will not start.

As I see that the air intake system has been touched, I recommend you do a vacuum leak test, because the manifold may have been misplaced or when moving the turbo there may have been a leak through one of the intake seals.