Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

MT58OBB, it refused to start and my mechanic decieved me

Customer Question

hi Mike
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: MT58OBB
JA: What year is your Nissan?
Customer: it refused to start and my mechanic decieved me that it was the engine
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: i think is 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i did not check the head light but dash board are clearly on
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I bought another engine after they fixed the engine i bought the mechanic still call and said it refused to start
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Now what can the mechanic do since the problem of the car is not really the engine.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have bought another second hand Nissan qashqai engine to replace the old one but still the car refused to start
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gavin Perry replied 9 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am here to assist you Today when you try to start the engine does it turn over. And can you confirm it is a Nissan Qashqai 2.0 petrol.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is Nissan qashqai 2.0 petrol. It doesn't turn over, some times it turns over.

Do you know what trouble codes are stored.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not really maybe gotten that from the machanic

What was the original issue with the original engine.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
With this new machanic he said that it was not engine problem that I bought engine in error

Is it an immobiliser issue.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't know what is immobiliser

It stops the car from been stolen / started.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can computer dictate this immobiliser issue? My mechanic never told me such

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No

It is a Petrol engine it needs air / fuel / compression/correct timing / spark to start do you know what part of that is missing.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I don't know as I'm not a mechanic

Could you ask the mechanic Tomorrow what part is missing and get back to me on this thread.

Due to time reasons I will have to opt out and let another expert take over regards Gavin.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 9 days ago.

Hiya

The first stage of diagnosis will be a full Diagnostic Code Read.  This should be carried out using Nissan Consult Diagnostic Equipment due to its ability to place the fault codes in order of diagnostic preference.  When you have completed this step a diagnostic path can be established.

If the Engine is in a good condition then one would think you could be looking at an electrical issue.  It could be the Fule Pump Control, The Ignition System Control or The Immobiliser System.  Until you have had the Diagnostic Code Read Carried out it is impossible to proceed any further.

I would suggest that this is carried out within a Nissan Dealer due to them having the correct Diagnostic Equipment.  You can find y our nearest dealer here: Nissan Dealer Locator

Phillip