RichardM1126
RichardM1126,
Experience:  Expert
110837232

My Air bag light flashing, one rear sit belt is broken,

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My Air bag light flashing
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: one rear sit belt is broken
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2009
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Airbag light flashing
Category: Nissan
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 18 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** you had a diagnostic scanner check done if so what fault codes do you have stored please,

also you say a seat belt is broken in what way is it broken? That could be affecting the airbag light,

has the vehicle been in an accident at all?

many

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not in any kind of accident, the seat belt will not hookup when you try to put it on. Secondly the mechanic just called me after fixing the engine to tell me that they are done but the car still cannot start, so I asked him what was the problem and he said that they will check on it by Monday.

Ok so if the seatbelt has a pretensioner fault resulting in the seat belt not able to work correctly that will bring the light on and will stay on until fault is rectified,

a scan of the fault codes should confirm this and once that seat belt replaced the light will go out

Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 17 days ago.

Hi so to summarise the seat belt will require fixing/replacing for safety and mot reasons this should fix the airbag light issue, the car not starting is completely unrelated to the airbag lights

my concern would be if your mechanic has told you he has completed the work but car still will not start, how can he be finished?
hopefully this has helped thank you for using just answer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
My car still not starting after the engine has been changed, it turn but doesn't start, Nissan qashqai 2009 model petrol, 2.0
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 14 days ago.

Hi oh sorry just realised we started off with a flashing airbag light? Ok so the engine has been changed can you confirm that the engine fitted was running before it was taken from the doner vehicle? An engine change can be hard to assist online, but the obvious will need checking as in all the wiring is connected and is it getting fuel and spark? Are there any fault codes that may give you a starting point,

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It doesn't spark, the engine was ok, it came direct from Japan and the supplier gave 6 months guarantee, I will ask the machanic if it has any errors code, or is possible to give you the machanic number so that you you interact with him?

Ideally your mechanic needs to contact the supplier if there are any problems, just to run through things incase there is a issue with engine, im presuming the mechanic has check all the obvious like the timing is ok etc

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My machanic has just came up with ECU so what is that in Nissan qashqai. He said he thinks is the Ecu
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 12 days ago.

Hi if he has done the correct diagnostic checks then I would have to take his word for it, if the engine is turning over and all the live data is showing the crank and cam shaft sensors working as should buy the ecu isn’t sending the signal to spark then it stands to reason ,

these are usually brought from a main dealer and need programming

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
How much does it cost to fix this things you just mentioned

Hard to say the ecu sometimes can be a few hundred pounds and the programming say £150 depending on the garage labour tate