RichardM1126
RichardM1126,
Experience:  Expert
110837232

A/C starts up ok then after a few seconds blower reduces to

Customer Question

A/C starts up ok then after a few seconds blower reduces to a constant slow speed irrespective if in auto or manual. System was regassed last week. I also noted a slight sickly smell just before blower reduced output for first time but don't know if that is connected. System still has cold air coming out.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Have you checked for a leak in the radiator?
Customer: No, but will do,
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Qashqai, 2014
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing so far, not very mechanically minded.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Still have to check coolant level. Radiator has no evidence of a leak.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  RichardM1126 replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** your coolant system and aircon system is all topped up and working as should, the  smell your talking about could be the resistor pack that controls the speed of the fan , this is a common fault but relatively easy to repair! With a simple part replacement,

if the resistor pack fails it automatically drops to one speed so it is at least working as a fail safe so you still have fan operation,

hope this helps many

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you so much. Sounds like a job my slightly mechanically son could help me with and if not I will be able to find a suitable mechanic and ask him/her to replace the resistor. You could have save me from being ripped off big style.

No problem hope you get it fixed many