sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Over last two months engine malfunction light has been

Customer Question

Over last two months engine malfunction light has been coming on with reduction in power, both exhaust gas temperature sensors have been replaced and a regen carried out, despite this it is still coming on with power reduction, do you have any ideas please
JA: Have you checked the connectors on the sensor itself? It's important that they not be loose or corroded.
Customer: If the sensors were changed would the connectors not have been checked/ cleaned/ changed
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: pathfinder 2013
JA: Are you fixing your Pathfinder yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no , both exhaust gas sensors changed
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don’t think so
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer, do you have the error codes that lead you to replace the sensor? and do you know the diagnostic equipment with which it was made?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have just spoken to the garage it was a snap on diagnostic, he cannot remember the codes, but replaced both egt sensors, could it be the egr valve
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 9 days ago.

Dear costumer if there are no error codes related to the valve axis, i don't think it's your problem, what´s happening is that the escape sensors, what they do is measure the amount of air-fuel mixture, for example if the sensor is indicating that there is a very rich mixture, it is telling you that there is an excess of fuel and if it is indicating a poor mixture it means a low fuel injection and air admission, but if you have an error code related to the valvethen it can be presenting issues because this valve is recycling the escape gasses again into the admission to reduce polluting gases, therefore you also have to check this very well.