sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

My key fob has stopped working. I've changes the battery,

Customer Question

My key fob has stopped working. I've changes the battery, but still does not work. My spare fob does not work either
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Qashqai 2019
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Changed battery, also tried unused spare fob
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It's been doing this for a few weeks, but then works later
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
why does my key fob keep failing to lock my car. It dies this quite a lot lately. And then it will work
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Not for more money, no text will do. I just want to know why it keeps falling to work, then will work

Dear customer, it seems that there is a problem with the key reading, i.e. the vehicle has problems detecting the signal from the controls, this may be because the transponder is not encoding the signal. In these cases it is recommended to program the keys with the vehicle's transponder and if the problem persists it is recommended to check the transponder, it is possible that you may have to replace it.