sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

Why does my connect system in my '65 plate Nissan Tekna keep

Customer Question

Hi - why does my connect system in my '65 plate Nissan Tekna keep cutting out - it starts with the DAB radio going off and then sometime the whole system turns off and restarts?
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: no - the battery is fined fine
JA: What is the model of your '65 Nissan?
Customer: Tekna
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a single lady and I have not tried anything so far - its the entertainment system itself only
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, thank you
Category: Nissan
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 16 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Nissan Qashqai Tekna - 2015 - automatic - petrol - GY65 DXG
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 16 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
no, thank you
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
please advise on my query

Dear customer, of all the factors that can cause this problem, the most worrying is when the electronic board of the equipment is damaged, however it is the least frequent, when we have this type of problem the revisions should consist of the electrical system, especially the rear connections of the equipment and the electrical wiring of the same, for this the equipment is removed from the central console, it is verified if the connections have any problem such as humidity, corrosion or chopped cables, it is also recommended to verify the fuse box and the connections of the same.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
this sounds very expensive !
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 15 days ago.

Dear customer, the cost depends on the damage, certainly in the case that you have to replace the equipment it is ideal to find an option other than the original.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.