sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

I have recently purchased a 2013 Nissan qashqai tekna 2.6

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have recently purchased a 2013 Nissan qashqai tekna 2.6 dci It seems like when taking off off going round corners etc in low gears it is really loud/rattling and squeeky is there a reason for this or ?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Since I got it. Its engine related it sounds like a belt squeeking or something
JA: What is the model of your '13 Nissan?
Customer: Qashqui
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just want some advice
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 13 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer if it is a squeaking sound what you are experiencing surely the timing belt is slack this is something very normal, it is a sound that occurs over time in the timing belt as it wears out and the only thing to do is to replace the tensioner and belt or there are certain models that allow you to tighten the belt as they have an adjustable tensioner.

but the sound that you present in the driving can be one of the wheel bearings I recommend that you check this very well normally it can be a lubrication issue although most of the time you should replace the whole hub wheel, it is also necessary to check the calipers the brake discs and as the vehicle you are just buying it you may have very worn brake pads.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I will be sure to get it checked
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 12 days ago.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.