Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

4wd fault light is on, took it to nissan dealer and run on

Customer Question

4wd fault light is on, took it to nissan dealer and run on diognostic tool which brings up “shift accuator” code, its weird because if you clear the code while vehicle is running then problem goes away and 4wd works perfect untill you key off and then key on again it comes back. But if you clear the fualt while car is off the fault comes back straight away again. Have changed trans sensors also
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: 4wd amber fault light
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2006 Nissan Navara STx automatic
JA: Are you fixing your Navara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuses, trans switches, relays
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: It had a water leak in front driver side window which leaked into the connectors on driver side foot well, have disassembled and cleaned connectors also
Category: Nissan
Expert:  oleksandrav-mod replied 13 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
2006 nissan navara, stx, 2.5l diesel, HUK563
Expert:  Phillip H replied 13 days ago.

Hiya

The first port of call would be a full diagnostic code read to establish what code(s) are present.  From there a diagnostic path can be established.

If you have a fault code and a VIN number I can see if I can obtain a Diagnostic Path for you to follow.  I'm not sure if I can obtain that information through my access to Nissan Europe howwver I will try for you.

Phillip