Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

I have recently changed my battery and now the car doesn't

Customer Question

Hi Pearl - I have recently changed my battery and now the car doesn't work. I do have the serial number for the radio/CD player but still don't know how to activate the radio. I can do it temporarily for 10 minutes or so but thats it. Thanks Gerry
JA: Have you changed a battery before?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model of your '10 Nissan?
Customer: Nissan Micra
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am trying myself and have contacted your main dealers but they sent me a photo of the radios they could help me with but it doesn't seem to include mine - although it was very difficult to tell as the photos were blurred.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I haven't changed a battery before.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 14 days ago.
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they know the make, model, year of your vehicle, engine type and size, fuel type and registration plate number.
Please provide the information above to help Experts find a solution quicker.
Thank you for your help and patience,
Tetyana – Moderator
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It is a Nissan Micra, 2008, petrol engine 1240 cc, Reg - MA08REU
Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

All Genuine Nissan Radios can be dealt with through any Nissan Dealer.  They would need the Serial Number, Model Number, Build Date and also the VIN number in order to apply to Nissan Technical Services for the correct Radio Code.  There is usually a charge of around £30.

If you send me a picture of the unit I can tell you if it is a genuine unit.

Phillip

Expert:  Phillip H replied 14 days ago.

Hiya

Is the vehicle running since you changed your battery?

Phillip

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
it is no problem
Expert:  Phillip H replied 13 days ago.

Hiya

Thats good then.  At least the vehicle is running.  If you want to send me a picture of the Audio Unit then I can tell you if it is genuine.  You should then be able to obtain a radio code from your local Nissan Dealer.

Phillip