Kevin
Kevin, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at Kemsing motor company
84635724

I have a Nissan Qashqai 2019 reg. When l start the engine a

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Nissan Qashqai 2019 reg. When l start the engine a Stop/Start System fault flashes up and in the corner flashing AUTO . What does this mean
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: The lights do come on as far l as am aware the battery is fully charged.
JA: What is the model of your '19 Nissan?
Customer: Acenta Premium Dc
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i haven't done anything, wanted to know whether it needs looking at? should l be driving it
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No don't think so
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a vehicle master tech located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer. I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Don’t worry though, we’ll be able to figure this out. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best service possible and to help you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to let me know. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Can I first ask who I have the pleasure of speaking with today, please?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Annie
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
have l just paid £16
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

Hi, Annie, I hope you are well. I'm sorry to hear your having troubles with your Qashqai and understand how frustrating this can be with such a new car. Can you tell me exactly what's occurring and if possible send me some pictures of the warnings?

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

I don't offer the call service but I'm happy to continue in this chat, did you get my reply?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Send you a picture
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

ok, I haven't yet received are you using the app or website?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
File attached (PSVLSVZ)
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

perfect ive received the pic, I'm just going to type out the reply

Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

ok so as I'm sure your away start-stop is the system that is used to reduce emissions and fuel economy when in start-stop traffic or when waiting at junctions. The start-stop system monitors many different inputs to ensure if it shuts the engine off it's confident the engine can be restarted. There are many different inputs required from the vehicle from the battery voltage to a clutch position switch. The vehicle can still be driven but will need to be connected to a diagnostic scan tool to see exactly why the system has been shut down. With the age of the vehicle, it should still be covered under warranty with the manufacturer.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK thanks will get it looked at
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

you're very welcome. Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No you have answered them. Thanks
Expert:  Kevin replied 5 days ago.

I am glad I was able to help. Have a great day