EvanderC
EvanderC,
Experience:  Expert
112839393

We have Nissan x-trail sport 2.2, 2004. unit does not work

We have Nissan x-trail sport 2.2, 2004. Flasher unit does not work on right hand side when lights are on, bulb stays alight but does not flash and nearside works when lights are off but dashboard lights flash. Flasher unit Works when lights are off. Have changed stalk on column but still the same problem.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Yes.
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: 2004 Nissan X-Trail Sport 2.2
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, have changed lighting stalk on steering wheel.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No.

Hi, it is a common problem which is caused from corrosion on the bulb holders or light cluster circuit itself, In some cases it can also be chaffed or corroded live or ground wires, I would suggest checking all wiring, connectors, bulbs and light clusters for all of the above.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do you mean headlight sockets and indicator bulb sockets also? Thank you.

Yes, Kind regards.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can you tell me where the Body Control Module is located on the car, Nissan x-trail 2.2 2004 and could this be the cause of the problem with the indicators?

It is highly unlikely. The BCM is located behind the dash board.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
ok, thank you again for your help.

No problem, if you have any further questions please let me know. Thank you for using Justanswer!