sebastian manrique
sebastian manrique, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  Director Ejecutivo at Multiservicios Cruz de las Mercedes
100564933

2014 qashai rea, Qashqi, Really really hard to start. Once

Customer Question

2014 qashai rea
JA: What is the model of your '14 Nissan?
Customer: Qashqi
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Really really hard to start. Once started it will go for the day but then the same problem the next day. Have replaced battery, spark plugs, air filter and fuel pump. Still have the same problem
JA: When was the last time the filter was replaced? How has your mileage been lately?
Customer: I think the mileage is ok. We have only had the car 4 weeks and have had the problem for 3. Air filter was changed last week
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Just wondering when to expect a response.
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 11 days ago.

Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, I see that other experts have not been able to answer your query, so I will try to help you as best I can.

First I would like to know if your engine is diesel or petrol. And secondly I would like to know if this is happening in cold climates?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Petrol. It is not especially cold. It is spring now. I am in Australia

Dear customer, from the parts you replaced several factors come to my mind that can cause this problem, firstly it could be that the injectors are not spraying the fuel correctly, that's why it takes a while to start because it takes a while to burn the fuel correctly.

Also, it could be a problem with the thermostat, the thermostat is supposed to shut off the coolant until the engine warms up, when the thermostat is stuck in the open position it allows too much coolant to flow into the engine which makes it hard to start properly.

In your query you did not note that you have replaced the fuel filter this may also be causing these problems.

Do you understand me, dear customer?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
If it was the thermostat wouldn't this be a problem every time it starts not just the first time for t he day? The same for the injectors? Thanks

Dear customer, remember that the first start is the start that needs the most combustion and needs to absorb the most heat in order to warm up the engine quickly.

I hope this info to be helpful, my goal is to give you the best advice i can, I hope to be helpful, if you have any doubt or want to know anything else please do not hesitate to reply back.

Kind regards, Sebastian.