Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  self employed in the motor repair buisness 19years
13210289

I may have an ecu issue, Murano 2005, It#s been with

Customer Question

I may have an ecu issue
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: Murano 2005
JA: Are you fixing your Murano yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It#s been with Halfords, they checked every thing including coil packs and they said it could be the ecu issue
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is***** am a Vehicle Master Tech/MOT Tester located in the UK and I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation, you will be given an automated offer for a phone call.I don’t personally offer this service. I’m sorry that you’re having trouble with your vehicle. Please understand that I do not know your knowledge or capabilities so I may need to ask questions to find out basic information to help solve your specific problem. My aim is to give you the best advice possible and to help you. Sometimes it may take a moment for me to respond because I may have to look up information about your concern. I appreciate your patience and will provide responses as soon as possible. Firstly can i ask who i am speaking with today?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Jacqueline Ani
Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

Hello Jacqueline

- Did Halfords list any fault codes they got from the vehicle when they scanned it and if so what are they?

Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

Given what you said in your question.Asuming all testing by Halfords has done in order to prove the ECU is or likely faulty as its imperative that the ECU is properly diagnosed to verify thats the case or not..then there are options open to you in order to maybe repair this. the first is have the ECU removed from he car and sent off for repair. Normally thats the best method in most cases and means once its fixed it just a case of plugging it back in without programming . there are various websites that cater for this but id personally recommend "ACTronics"  you can search for them on google and then enquire with them on costs etc.but you'd need to employ a garage to remove the ecu and then send it off.any further questions?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Hi Rob I’m going to collect my car from Halfords I’ll ask if there were any codes. I’ll let you know
Expert:  Robert replied 19 days ago.

No problem at all.look forward to your reply back

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello Rob.The misfire detection logic consists of the following two conditions1. One trip detection logic (three way catalyst damage)On the first trip that a misfire condition occurs that can damage a three way catalyst due to over heating the MIL will blink
When a misfire condition occurs the ECM monitors that the CKP sensor signal every 200 engine revolutions for a change.
When the misfire condition decreases to a level that will not damage the TWC the MIL will turn off. If another misfire condition occurs that can damage the TWC on a second trip the MIL will blink.
When the misfire condition decreases to a level that will not damage the TWC the MIL will remain on. If another misfire condition occurs that can damage the TWC the MIL will begin to blink again.2. Two trip detection logic (exhaust quality deterioration)
For misfire conditions that will not damage the TWC but will affect vehicle emission, the MIL will only light when the misfire is detected on a second trip. During this condition the ECM monitors the CKP sensor signal every 1000 engine revolutions.
A misfire malfunction can be detected on any one cylinder or on multiple cylinders.Halfords says coil pack no problem but the ECU isn’t connecting with injectors.
Expert:  Robert replied 18 days ago.
Ok. Well those aren't the P codes that we need to see in order to help diagnose it .this is jsut an explanation on how a misfire can effect the running of the engine.it doesn't detail the exact fault code in which will point us in the direction to start tests..if the injectors arent being controlled then the engine simply wouldnt start that would mean the ecm drivers arent pulling the injectors to ground in order for them to fire.tests in that case would need to be done on a scope and test the wiring and multiplug harness at the ecm first checking for any pin/corrosion problems..i dont think Halfords are going to go that far with tests as far ive heard.