Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

My micra c+c boot cover won't close down on both sides,

Customer Question

My micra c+c boot cover won't close down on both sides, can't open the boot either
JA: What year is your Micra?
Customer: 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Micra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried nothing, just happened, checked the boot cover inside is latched
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Phillip H replied 9 days ago.
Hiya

These systems operate using a series of Micro Switches and Sensors to determine the position of the Lid Assy.  These are controlled via the BCM.

The first port of call would be a full diagnostic code read to determine what code(s) are present.  At the same time a Live Data check of the switches / sensors can be carried out.  This will show if they are working or not!  You can also activate the Boot Lid Latch through BCM Active Test which will again check to see if it is a latch fault or a fault with the release switch.

If you don't have access to any diagnostic equipment then you are left with a check of the fuses and a basic look at the wiring and switches with a multimeter which will take some time to go through!

I can supply you with the correct wiring diagrams if this is the course you wish to take however I would need your VIN number to source the correct ones.

Phillip