Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The sat nav AK6ZE AJG8W needs map updated and is disabling

Customer Question

The sat nav AK6ZE AJG8W needs map updated and is disabling the radio how can I solve this issue without purchasing updates
JA: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?
Customer: came with the Nissan NV400
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: NV 400 year 2012
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Phillip H replied 18 days ago.
Hiya

What Audio / Sat Nav Unit have you got in the vehicle? A picture would help.

The Sat Nav Map updates should not disable the radio in any way at all.  Old Map Data should make no difference to Audio Unit operation.

If on the other hand the Audio / Sat Nav Unit requires a Software Update then this can affect the unit as a while.  They often turn off of their own accord allegedly.

You have to buy the software updates although depending on what unit this is you can sometimes purchase these through the Nissan Website.

Phillip

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Photo1
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Photo2
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Radio Unit
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Photo2
Expert:  Phillip H replied 18 days ago.

Hiya

You have got a very early unit fitted.  The Audio Unit should be ok with current software.

The Sat Nav System you have isn't a Nissan Product.  It is actually a Carminat Tom Tom.  You should be able to obtain the updates direct from Tom Tom.  This is available here: Tom Tom Updates.

I don't think the Map Update will cure an Audio Unit cutting out however.  This could be an issue with the Audio Unit itself or the module controlling the interface between the Sat Nav and the Audio Unit.

Hope this helps.

Phillip