Phillip H
Phillip H, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Vehicle Technician at Richmond Motor Services
108937146

The rear seat of my Nissan note does not fold down,the cable

Customer Question

The rear seat of my Nissan note does not fold down,the cable connected to the release handle appears to be broken, have taken off the back but cannot find the bottom end…
JA: What is the model/year of your Nissan?
Customer: note tekna dig- s 2016
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: as l have described,taken the back off
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sebastian manrique replied 8 days ago.
Hello, I am Jose Sebastian. Your automotive expert, It's a pleasure to me to attend your question. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear costumer I am reviewing your query at the moment you are viewing this message, please give me a moment to evaluate your problem in detail, you can send me pictures or videos that better describe your problem, also, it is likely that I should ask some additional questions to improve my final answer. The system will offer you a premium service call which has an additional charge to the initial cost of the consultation, but it is not necessary we can continue through this chat without any problem. Thank you very much for trust in just answer.

Dear customer, due to problems trying to find an exploded view of the mechanism, I will abandon your question.

Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

Hello and welcome! I'm Billy and I will assist you with your inquiry. I understand that having car problems can be frustrating so please feel free to ask if any further info is needed. If you get prompted for a premium service or a phone call, please ignore that, cause I don't think it is needed at this point. My apologies for the delay, thank you for your patience. May I know your first name?

Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

The release handle goes down directly to a cable that goes in the latch mechanism. I will include the details in pdf.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi Billy,I’m George, the pdf you sent me is not the tekna model it should have a cable from a handle at the top?
Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

Hello George.

I will double check this now.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
If you can send me the proper diagram that would be appreciated
Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

I have just checked, and it shows the same exploded view for the tekna model.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I see no cable mechanism only a button and rod
Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

Yes.

Expert:  Billy replied 8 days ago.

If you're sure that you have a cable (although the latch is similar because I replaced many of those), then I don't have the correct info. I'm sorry for wasting your time. I will opt out and open this to other experts.

Expert:  Phillip H replied 7 days ago.
Hiya

Have you got a VIN number for your vehicle.

Phillip

Expert:  Phillip H replied 7 days ago.

Hiya

Having read through the previous correspondence it appears that certain people don't know Nissan's very well!  Many apologies for that.

Please find attached the Exploded Diagram, Removal and Refitting Instructions and the Disassemble and Assembly Instructions.

Phillip

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi Phillip , vin number sjntbae12u1130263
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks for the diagrams ,that’s what I wanted only it does not show where the bottom of the release cable is connected to,is there a photo of that thanks
Expert:  Phillip H replied 6 days ago.
Hiya

That is the only documents that Nissan provide.

If you have stripped the seat including the seat cover you should be able to see the cable.

Phillip